Happy Earth Day 2017!
22nd April is Earth day! The day of the year when more than one billion people across the world celebrate our planet and support environmental protection.
Earth Day aims to raise awareness and encourage people across the world to be more environmentally friendly.
Here at Hotel Organic we are extremely concerned about the planet we live on and how to save it. That’s why all our packaging is recyclable and we are in the process of sourcing 100% biodegradable packing for some of our products.
There are many easy and simple ways that you can help our planet and they will also save you money:
- Increase the amount of recycling you do
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth
- Shower instead of bathing
- Replace old toilets with new ones that use a lot less water
- Wash and dry only full loads of laundry and dishes
- Turn lights off when leaving the room
- Change to low energy light bulbs
- Turn off the computer when not in use
- Wear extra clothing instead of turning the heating up
- Use solar power for home and water heating
- Set your refrigerator temperature at 36 to 38 and your freezer at 0 to 5
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer after every load so that it uses less energy
- Wash clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot
- Reuse things that can be used more than once
- Bring your own bags
- Recycle more
- Try to avoid using wasteful products, such as packaged and processed foods
- Compost organic waste in your garden
- Plant trees
- Walk, ride a bike or use public transport instead of using the car
- Refrain from buying aerosol spray cans
- Buy organically grown fruits, vegetables and snack foods
- Use e-mail or texting as a substitute for paper correspondence
- Use recycled paper
For details of events in your area, visit www.earthday.org