Orgainc Grapefruit (CITRUS Paradisi)
Country of origin: USA
Weighs 50g - 10ml Sealed Bottle
Our 100% pure Grapefruit Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association and is vegan friendly, not tested on animals and hexane free. It has a clean, refreshing, invigorating and citrusy scent that is true to the scent of the fruit.
Grapefruit Essential Oil is wonderfully refreshing and is often used in aromatherapy for its therapeutic benefits that are similar to those of other citrus oils. It has an invigorating, sharp and fruity aroma which can give you a boost and can help alleviate mental fatigue, depression and stress induced headaches, leaving you feeling revitalised.
Organic Grapefruit Oil is an energising massage oil, it is often added to blends for is strong, fruity aroma and it is said to have an energising and stimulating effect increasing the effectiveness of the massage. Its vibrant citrusy aroma can help lift the blend. Grapefruit Oil is very versatile and blends well with other citrus oils, woody oils and floral oils.
Organic Grapefruit Oil can be used in your homemade beauty formulations and applications, It is believed to be beneficial to those who have oily skin or a greasy complexion. It is said to help smooth and soften the skin leaving it feeling supple and revitalised. It is an astringent making it is great for use in a toner.
Grapefruit Essential Oil can also be used with your regular shampoo for stronger, healthier and shinier hair and it is said to help balance oily hair.
How to use Organic Grapefruit Oil:
- Dilute at a percentage of 2% of the finished blend (approx.2ml of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil). Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- For aromatherapy add a few drops to your diffuser or oil burner and enjoy the revitalising aroma of Organic Grapefruit Oil. It can be used to remove bad odours or make your own air freshener by combining it with distilled water in a spritzer bottle.
- Make your own massage oil blend by adding Grapefruit and your other favourite essential oils to a carrier oil.
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil has been known to help treat oily skin and hair, you can us it as an ingredient for your homemade beauty formulations and applications. Add a few drops to your daily cleanser or to floral water to use as a toner. For haircare mix a few drops into shampoo or make your own hair mask by mixing a few drops with warm Coconut Oil, massage into hair and scalp and cover with a towel for at least half an hour then wash and condition as normal.
- This fresh & beautifully scented oil that makes the perfect addition to your homemade beauty formulations for example, creams, lotions, balms, bath salts and bath bombs.
This essential oil is extracted through the process of expeller pressing using the fresh peel. As the yield is lower than oranges and lemons, when distilled, Grapefruit is typically pressed as this produces a much higher yield.
Grapefruit Oil is phototoxic, like all citrus oils so my cause irritation when exposed to direct sunlight immediately after application. Always dilute with carrier oil for massage and skin treatments. Avoid contact with eyes and broken skin. This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Seek medical advice before use if suffering from any medical conditions or allergies. As with any new product always conduct a patch test before first use. Consult your doctor or midwife before using during pregnancy. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
This Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association which means you can be sure that it has been produced to the highest ethical and environmental standards. The Soil Association’s uses EU organic regulation standards as their baseline, but in many cases their standards are more robust, particularly in animal welfare, GM and the use of pesticides. Standards are constantly reviewed to ensure they are up to date with current issues.
We describe and promote our products in good faith. The information provided about the beneficial properties of all of our products are derived from the use and characteristics commonly known to it. Our product descriptions are not based on facts. The benefits of our products may vary from person to person. It is always advisable to seek the opinion of a professional in the field. As our essential oils are organic, there may be some variations in the the colour and odour from batch to batch.