Organic Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
Country of origin: Australia
Weighs 50g - 10ml Sealed Bottle
Our 100% pure Organic Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association and is vegan friendly, not tested on animals and hexane free. It has a fresh, spicy odour which is medicinal, clean, uplifting, earthy and woody.
Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil Is purifying and soothing, when used in aromatherapy it is calming yet reviving and invigorating. It is an excellent oil for massage oil blends, it has a soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
Organic Tea Tree is known to be balancing and cleansing making it ideal for use in skincare, it can also benefit the hair and scalp.
How to use Organic Tea Tree Oil:
- Dilute at a percentage of 1% of the finished blend (approx.1ml of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil). In the bath you can use up to 3% dilution. Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- For aromatherapy add a few drops to your diffuser or oil burner and enjoy the calming yet uplifting aroma of Organic Tea Tree Oil.
- Make your own massage oil blend by adding Tea Tree oil to a carrier oil.
- Use it as an ingredient for your homemade beauty formulations and applications or mix a few drops into shampoo, body wash, bath water, creams, toners and cleaners.
- Make your own hot oil treatment for your hair. Simply add a few drops of Organic Tea Tree Oil to carrier oil of your choice and warm slightly, (make sure it’s not too hot). Massage in to your scalp and hair, from root to tip aand cover with a towel for around thirty minutes. Then shampoo and condition as normal.
Steam distilling the leaves and twigs of a small plant called Melaleuca Alternifolia, indigenous to Australia. It has been used by the Australian Aborigines as a remedy since ancient times.
This Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association which means you can be sure that it has been produced to the highest ethical and environmental standards. The Soil Association’s uses EU organic regulation standards as their baseline, but in many cases their standards are more robust, particularly in animal welfare, GM and the use of pesticides. Standards are constantly reviewed to ensure they are up to date with current issues.
Although tea tree oil is generally safe when used on adults' skin, allergic reactions may occur in some people. As with any new product always conduct a patch test before first use. People with sensitive skin may experience irritation when using undiluted tea tree oil. If your skin is sensitive, it's best to mix tea tree oil with an equal or greater amount of the carrier oil. As our essential oils are organic, there may be some variations in the the colour and odour from batch to batch. The benefits of our products may vary from person to person. Always dilute with carrier oil for massage and skin treatments. Avoid contact with eyes and broken skin. This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. As with any new product always conduct a patch test before first use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Essential oils, by their concentrated nature, may sometimes cause sensitivity if used in their undiluted form. Tea tree oil should not be ingested as it may be toxic if swallowed.
Hotel Organic takes no responsibility for how you use the information provided and offers no medical advice. Nothing contained on our pages intends or claims to be professional medical advice. You must consult with your doctor or a trained Aromatherapist before starting any new treatment or if you have any pre-existing medical conditions. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or nursing, please consult your doctor before use.