Organic Citronella Oil (Cymbopogon nardus)
Country of origin: Sri Lanka
Weighs 50g - 10ml Sealed Bottle
Our 100% pure Organic Citronella Essential Oil is vegan friendly, not tested on animals and certified organic by the Soil Association. Sourced from a cooperative of spice farmers specialising in growing and distilling oils from the indigenous plants of Sri Lanka. This co-op employs over 200 farmers, supporting their local communities and pushing money back into the local economy helping to raise the standard of living.
Citronella Oil has a calming and refreshing lemon scent and is often used in natural insect repellent products.
It also makes an excellent massage oil per can be used for diffuser blends. It blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Lemon, Lavender, and Orange.
Organic Citronella Oil can be used in your homemade beauty formulations and applications.
How to use Organic Citronella:
- Dilute at a percentage of 1% of the finished blend (approx. 20 drops of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil). In the bath you can use 2% dilution. Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- For aromatherapy add a few drops to your diffuser or oil burner and enjoy the refreshing aroma of Organic Citronella Oil. To help keep bugs away add 3 drops of Citronella, 3 drops of Tea Tree oil and 2 drops of Lavender oil in your diffuser.
- Make your own massage oil blend by adding Citronella Oil and your other favourite essential oils to a carrier oil. Sweet Almond, Grapeseed or Coconut Oil blend well with this oil.
- To make your own bug repellent spray add 10 drops of Organic Citronella, 10 drops of Peppermint and 100ml of Witch Hazel to a spray bottle. Don’t forget to shake before use.
- You can also use Citronella in homemade cleaning products for many cleaning tasks like floors, toilets, sinks, to kitchen surfaces and laundry. Add 20 drops to a bucket of hot soapy water for floor mopping. To clean your toilet just combine 10 drops with a cup of Sodium Bicarbonate and pour down the toilet.
This Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association which means you can be sure that it has been produced to the highest ethical and environmental standards. The Soil Association’s uses EU organic regulation standards as their baseline, but in many cases their standards are more robust, particularly in animal welfare, GM and the use of pesticides. Standards are constantly reviewed to ensure they are up to date with current issues.
As our essential oils are organic, there may be some variations in the the colour and odour from batch to batch. The benefits of our products may vary from person to person. Always dilute with carrier oil for massage and skin treatments. Avoid contact with eyes and broken skin. This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. As with any new product always conduct a patch test before first use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Essential oils, by their concentrated nature, may sometimes cause sensitivity if used in their undiluted form.
Hotel Organic takes no responsibility for how you use the information provided and offers no medical advice. Nothing contained on our pages intends or claims to be professional medical advice. You must consult with your doctor or a trained Aromatherapist before starting any new treatment or if you have any pre-existing medical conditions. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or nursing, please consult your doctor before use.