Organic Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
Country of origin: Australia
Weighs 50g - 10ml Sealed Bottle
Our 100% pure Organic Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil is certified organic by the Soil Association and is vegan friendly, not tested on animals and hexane free. It has a fresh, spicy odour which is medicinal, clean, uplifting, earthy and woody.
Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil has been recognised healing properties, it is purifying and soothing skin care benefits. When used in aromatherapy it is calming yet reviving and invigorating.
It is an excellent oil for massage oil blends, it has a soothing and cooling effect on the skin therefore leaving your muscles relaxed and your mind energised.
Organic Tea Tree is known as a powerful antiseptic, its balancing and cleansing powers that make it ideal for use in skincare, soothing irritated skin, minor cuts and wounds, it can help to protect against infection and has been known to clarify the skin and treat acne, eczema and psoriasis.
It is also believed to benefit the hair and scalp, helping you maintain a healthy scalp and is believed to help treat dandruff or hair loss.
How to use Organic Tea Tree Oil:
- Dilute at a percentage of 1% of the finished blend (approx.1ml of essential oil to 100ml of carrier oil). In the bath you can use up to 3% dilution. Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- For aromatherapy add a few drops to your diffuser or oil burner and enjoy the calming yet uplifting aroma of Organic Tea Tree Oil.
- Make your own massage oil blend by adding Tea Tree oil to a carrier oil.
- Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil has been known to help treat skin and hair, you can us it as an ingredient for your homemade beauty formulations and applications or mix a few drops into shampoo, body wash, bath water, creams, toners and cleaners.
- Make your own hot oil treatment for your hair. Simply add a few drops of Organic Tea Tree Oil to carrier oil of your choice and warm slightly, (make sure it’s not too hot). Massage in to your scalp and hair, from root to tip aand cover with a towel for around thirty minutes. Then shampoo and condition as normal.
Steam distilling the leaves and twigs of a small plant called Melaleuca Alternifolia, indigenous to Australia. It has been used by the Australian Aborigines as a remedy since ancient times.
Always dilute with carrier oil for massage and skin treatments. Avoid contact with eyes and broken skin. This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Seek medical advice before use if suffering from any medical conditions or allergies. Although tea tree oil is generally safe when used on adults' skin, allergic reactions may occur in some people. As with any new product always conduct a patch test before first use. People with sensitive skin may experience irritation when using undiluted tea tree oil. If your skin is sensitive, it's best to mix tea tree oil with an equal or greater amount of the carrier oil. Consult your doctor or midwife before using during pregnancy. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Tea tree oil should not be ingested as it may be toxic if swallowed.
We describe and promote our products in good faith. The information provided about the beneficial properties of all of our products are derived from the use and characteristics commonly known to it. Our product descriptions are not based on facts. The benefits of our products may vary from person to person. It is always advisable to seek the opinion of a professional in the field. As our essential oils are organic, there may be some variations in the the colour and odour from batch to batch.